Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Pearl is now dressed!

Hi All,

Today it happened! The Pearl is now fully planked (or dressed as in the title).

Check it out in the next pictures!


As you can see, she also has the nose on. She starts to look very pretty!


 Next is an 'aerial' view. You can see that I have been busy today and fitted some of the deck 'furniture'


In the next picture, the window for the captain's cabin, the steering wheel and the compass can be seen.


Some 'furniture' is also fitted in the front.


I started also to fit the wales. It is a bit complicated now, I did not found a proper way to keep them pressed until the glue settles and it is very hard to keep them in the right place. I have to either use faster setting glue for some portions or find a better way to clamp them on the body.


Also new, the back tower is on the body. The roof is still work in progress. Now, it is just putty. Sanding is next and after that I have to decide if I will stain it or try to plank it (I have some planks left so this could be a option with 'better looks').


The decoration is not yet attached, is more of a 'sneak preview'. I will have to stain it first and after that attach it permanently.

And last but not least, the stairs from the front are in place ready to be used. There are some spots in the front that have to be fixed a bit, where the original bulkheads where. They where to big and ugly and I decided to cut them out and maybe replace them with others that I will do myself.


So, what do you think about this? I am very happy with the work and the results I got. There are some other things to fit on the body before staining and varnishing. And I am still not decided if I will stain it darker or just varnish it. What would you do in my place?

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment