Sunday, February 3, 2013

The Masts Are On!

Yes, you are seeing well, the Pearl's masts are finished and a first view with them on is available! 


Of course, I have started with the main mast. I already told earlier that the plans from the kit were a bit wrong about the masts sizes. So I read some books, browsed the internet a bit and armed with everything needed I started the job. Once you know what you have to do everything is quite fast and fine. Here you can see the 'mid-day' Pearl, with only the main mast fixed.

And here is the 'evening' Pearl, with all the masts on. Isn't she a beauty?


Next is a closeup with the main mast top. There are still some blocks and deadeyes to be fitted there, but this is work for the next days.


Now it is time to celebrate! I have added some of the canons (these are the ones that will end up on the lower deck). They make things look more interesting.


A view from above. I would not call it 'helicopter' view, I am quite sure there were no helicopters on those times.

I still have quite a lot of things to finish until I can start the rigging, but it is getting close. Next step is to finish the deadeyes from the hull. All of them are on the body now, but the ones from the right side are not having the chains there yet. Then I can put the lower deck canons in place. After that I can add all the things that are now missing from the upper deck, finish and fit in the bowsprit and decide if I am starting the standing rigging or finish the small boats that will stay on the upper deck also.

That's it for tonight, see you next days with more details!

No comments:

Post a Comment