Sunday, February 17, 2013

The Show Goes On!

Hi All,

It has been a long time since last time. I was a bit busy, but this does not mean nothing happened with the Black Pearl in the mean while.

Stay wit me for the next couple of images and I will tell you everything!

More details were added to the deck. These were not in the plans, but since they were available, I found a place were the fit just fine.


Next is the rudder. I have found a book in the library that has good instructions about how the rudder should be attached to the ship. It is not perfect, but much better than what the kit suggested I should do.
Here is a image with the work in progress.

And next there is an image with the final result.

I have also managed to add all the chains for the channels and the guns for the lower decks.


And I glued the main deck gratings an the stairs to the gun deck in place.


 Can you see the stairs going into the dark?


Actually, the place is not so dark, photography can be misleading sometimes :-) ...


I have also started the standing rigging. The bowsprit (or how I like to call it - the nose) is first. It is a bit shorter than in the earlier pictures you have seen. And it also has the 'Lady with the pigeon' under it. She is not yet glued, but more or less this how it will look like in the end.


For this model, the standing rigging for the bowsprit is not very complicated (at least in the beginning). All that was needed was the this.


 I was not really happy with how the rudder wheel looked like in the kit. So I have improved the looks a bit. I decided not to buy a nicer one from the internet, but to try to make the available one closer to reality. This how it looks like now.

I added also some rope and make it go 'somewhere' down towards the rudder. This is the final result.


Next were the final touches for the stern gallery: the tridents for the statues and the lights. Here they are, already assembled and painted. I forgot to make some pictures with the steps.


And here they are, attached to the ship. Don't they look nice?


Here is a profile view. The tridents are better seen here. There is an important change in the ship stability after adding all these details, it is now much heavier on the back side. I hope there will not be a big problem (it is and will remain a standing model).


 Well, that's it for now. You can see a last picture from the side.


I hope there will not be such a long break before next time!
Have a nice day and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment