Monday, March 11, 2013

Rigging The Guns

Hi All,

My rigging research continues, but in the mean time I am also finishing the deck details. Everyone says do this first because you do not want to do it when you have all the ropes there.

So, I have started to put together the guns from the main deck. Because they are in the open and seen by everybody, I decided to fit them with some minimal rigging. This is how the end result looks like.


In the next picture I will present you how I got to this result.

First step is of course put all the pieces needed together to obtain the gun. The process was presented on one of the earliest blogs, so check there if you want to remember it. After about one hour of working I had all the 12 guns ready to be fitted


Because I want to show also the rigging, I have made also some rings from brass that will be used to attach the ropes to the guns and the ship's body. You can also see them in the above picture.

Next is where my greatest rigging helper comes into play: the 3rd hand. It makes everything a lot easier. You can see the final part of the work, the last ring is prepared for seizing.


 And this is another look of the final result. Actually, here is a 'dry fit', I wanted to check that everything looks right and take a picture to show it to you.


 Here is the final result, showing three of the guns. A total of 5 are ready, 7 more have to be completed and added.

But this is work for the next days, now it's time to sleep. So, see you next time.

Have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment