Friday, January 18, 2013

More Details Added

Hi All,

As a famous celebrity used to say: I'm back!
The pearl was sanded and more details were glued on it. It starts to look really beautiful (as you will see in the next pictures).

The stairs are now completed. I could have done a better job here, but I am content with the first try. I have learned what to do and what not to do when building them.



I have started to work on some parts I will need soon to complete the masts.


The external 'stairs' are also glued and they look very pretty. I am sure they have a nautical name also, but I did not do my homework properly today, so I do not know it.


 The front part received some attention to. It is now completed. The anchor supports are glued on. There are some parts that are looking funny and I will most probably have to paint them somehow.


The decorations from the captain's cabin tower are also placed on the body and glued. They are looking very good.


Also the decorations from the back side are also on. Here there is some more work to do. The sirens will have some tridents in their arms and the lanterns are not yet ready. They look quite fragile, so they will probably be the last to be fitted.


This is it for tonight. Now the weekend comes and we have snow for skiing! But do not worry, there will be more updates on the Pearl. I still consider renaming it 'Brown Pearl' instead of Black Pearl. However, I have some spar planks remained, so I will try to create a 'test board' and pain it a bit to check how it looks like. I believe it can still be improved without ruining the natural look of the wood.

So, what do you think? How do you like the current 'brown' pearl?

No comments:

Post a Comment