Tuesday, January 8, 2013

More Work On Deck And Painting

Hello and Welcome!

Here are some updates with what happened with the Pearl in the last two days. Check the pictures below and let me know what you think.

The back tower roof got painted with dark brown (mixed with 2 parts water). It looks pretty good, so i think it will stay like this. Might be that the Black Pearl will end up as a Brown Pearl (as my girlfriend noticed :-) ).




The anchor got also painted and now looks pretty rusted. Also, some more fittings were glued, but not yet attached to the ship's body.


I have continued to work on the wales, but I am not very happy with what I am doing in that area. I still have to find a better way to keep them pressed to the body while the glue settles. I tried superglue, but even if it says it can fix wood, it did not worked.


The 'front lady' got also painted. She's not yet glued to the body, I am still considering giving her a second hand of paint.


Than the fittings that will get bellow the back tower were also painted. The same dark brown that made them get a very similar color with the body.


I have also painted some of the deck fittings. They are not yet glued, I will do that after I will fit the guns on the lower deck, otherwise they will get in the way.


I used the same dark brown mixed with two parts water mix. It looks pretty nice also on wood, not only  on metal.


Here you can compare both the colored wood (the stanchions above the door) and metal (the statue left to the door).


Also, the back decorations and the lanterns supports were painted. It is already looking very nice.


That's it for tonight, more to come the next days.

See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment