Friday, December 7, 2012

It is not all about big things

I know that now you all are curious about what happened to the Black Pearl :-).

So, I have some updates for you. You can see how the decks look like when they are planked. I am quite happy with the way they are looking and I cannot wait to see them fitted on the ship.

I also started to work on some details. The first things that got into my attention were the small boats.



So I had a first go with one of them. It is not finished yet, it looks like there is a mistake in the kit or i did not build it right, because some things do not fit together right. I'll have to dig a bit in the internet and figure it right.


After trying some dry fitting, i realized that after putting the decks on and the sides there is no way to put the cannons in.  So I have started to build the ones that will go bellow the deck.


Just the chariots, with no guns in them look kind of funny, don't you think so? Anyway, building them was fast, easy and fun, so soon i had 12 of them ready to be fitted in.


They don't look so fun with the cannons fitted. They actually look quite intimidating. I wonder now how a bunch of drunk pirates were able to handle guns and gunpowder without blow themselves away...


Some other small things that i could finish before going to sleep. No, there is no rum in the barrels, just water.


That's it for now. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment