Thursday, December 13, 2012

More Small Things

Tonight I had some spare time. I could not start the second layer of planking because i so not have some materials I need for that, so I have glued some more small parts.

First it was the tower located on the back part of the ship. I am sure it has a name in naval terms, but i did not looked for it.



I also glued the roof of the tower (you cannot see it in the pictures), but when I checked how it fits on the ship I realized the plans were a bit wrong and I had to unbind the pieces. Fortunately, the white glue I use is forgiving with this and after almost one hour of soaking in water the parts are relatively intact and can be reused later.


 The next section is for the bow. I am not sure again what its name is, but enjoy the pictures.


Some parts that will be needed later on the masts followed.


And some parts that will come on the deck. They still need some painting and varnishing, but I will do this at a later point.




Well, that's it for tonight. I might have a longer break here. Tomorrow evening there is a company Christmas Party and in weekend it seems that there is enough snow for skying.

So, see you next time, whenever that might be ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment